Can't Stomach Protein Drinks, Surgery next Tuesday 1/6

Kim Francis
on 12/31/08 3:57 am - Cranston, RI

My surgery is next Tuesday (1/6/09) and I've tried several Protein drinks - like a good preop should and I can't stomach them. I get 1 yes 1 taste and i'm about to yack!!!  I have such a gag reflex it's not funny.. I'm at a loss as to what to do. 

Why does everyone of these drinks have to have such a horriable smell!!  and taste like glue!   HELP! 

clovett
on 12/31/08 7:58 am - farmingdale, NJ
Hi Kim, you sound just like me, i couldn't stomach the clear protein after surgery and I had a hard time stomaching the regular protein shakes, but there is a GOD. My husband found this protein powder, you can take it with water or with milk. It's the best I've tasted and I have tried 10 different ones.  It's made by BODY TECH AND IT'S CALLED WHEY TECH it's sweetened with Splenda and i happened to Iike the chocolate. You just add one scoop to 8oz water and that gives you 17grams of protein. You can get it at The Vitamin Shop. I hope this will be helpful and i really hope you like it.  Keep in touch and let me know what happens . God Bless and Happy New Year.
[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcA3oBn/]
[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcA3oBn/weight.png[/image]
[/link]

Goldie1960
on 12/31/08 9:10 am - FL
Clovett,

Thanks so much for another protein powder  I can try, so far I've been lucky with the ones I bought from Publix and Walmart but I would like to try this product because of the use of water,  I've been using soy milk with my powder.  Keep up the good work, I'm one week post op and so far so good.  Keep Touch!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy New Year
wsmommy
on 12/31/08 8:57 pm
Kim,

I like the Gladiator powder from Smoothie Kin.  I usually mix it with some frozen, unsweetened strawberries, a banana and skim milk.  It makes it taste like a real milkshake.  No sugar, and it  has 45gms of whey protein in 2 scoops. 

I had surgery yesterday 12/31, and they won't let me have fruit for another 2 weeks.  Since I like my shake with fruit, I swtiched to the Slim Fast Low Carb in chocolate.  I can only find it at Sam's though.  It is pre-made.  I don't mind drinking it, but I will be glad to go back to the Gladiator powder.  It is $40 for a huge tub and it lasts me a month or more sometimes. I've been using it during my pre-op stage to help lose weight before the surgery.

Have a great New Year and goog luck with the search for protein!

Toni

renee K.
on 12/31/08 10:50 pm - Augusta, GA
This is online, but CHIKE is THE BEST!  The chocolate is yummy and they have vanilla, orange and strawberry.  I had the vanilla and orange mixed with 10 oz of fat free milk, GIRL it was just like a orange creamsicle!!  you can go on the website and get samples sent to you.  Talk to your support group rep and they should be able to get you some samples of different ones to try. 
The Unjury is good, i tried the vanilla.  I have heard the chocolate is good but havent tried that, it is expensive though.

I recommed the CHIKE!!!!!!!!!  You owe it to yourself to try it.  When I was post op i thought i was going to die, I drank 1 with 4 oz of fat free milk and felt myself coming back to life.  It was that good! 

Give it a try, and let me know how you like it!

Renee

bornagain3
on 1/1/09 4:12 am - Scottsville, VA
I use the Albify Powder that I get at GNC.  It comes in different flavors but I like the chocolate.  It is a little expensive but I think the taste is fine.

Jeane
RackeSRN
on 1/3/09 3:06 am - Florence, KY
I use the Nectar Proteins, 90 calories and 24 gms of whey isolate per scoop.  30 scoops to a container; about 28$ a container.  There is orange, cherry, iced tea, lemonade, blue island punch, tropical, peach, green apple, choc, vanilla, cappucino latte', strawberry kiwi....and more.  Iget it online from Supplementwarehouse.com.  You mix with WATER not milk.
Sonja
Most Active